Sunday 11 February 2007

Heswall Library Talk

On Saturday I did a talk and book signing at Heswall library on The Wirral. Over 40 people braved the snowy conditions to turn up and contribute to a very enjoyable afternoon (well from my part anyway - I cannot speak for the audience). As with Birkenhead the week before I had some fascinating discussions with people afterwards. What is continuing to amaze me is how much anecdotal evidence there is to support the Ferryman Thesis. I was given personal examples from precognition to Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and deja vu to The Daemon. I am now really quite excited about how this material will be used in my third book. I really feel that we are discovering together something very profound.

In all my one-to-one chats at the end of my lectures there is one constant theme - that lots of people have really strange and interesting experiences but they feel that the cannot discuss it with others for fear of ridicule. Now here is an idea. Why don't we set up an interest group that can meet on a regular basis to discuss these experiences in an open, friendly, and non-judgemental forum? If there is interest I am sure that I could set something up on the Wirral.

I think this small group idea would work really well because then we could have a collective exchange of ideas. Who knows, maybe we could form The Ferryman Society. Let me know what you think?

Obviously this invite goes out to all the individuals who have spoken to me after my library book signings, bookshop signings or have contacted me on the website.

Finally some more dates have been placed upon my talks schedule. I will be doing a signing and talk at Borders in Speke on Saturday 10th March at 2:00pm, at Borders in Stockport at 6:00pm on Saturday 17th March, Leigh Civic Centre at 7:30pm on Tuesday 17th April I am back at Borders Cheshire Oaks on Saturday 21st April at 2:00pm and 4:00pm, at Halton Library, Runcorn on Tuesday 24th April at 7:00pm and Borders York at 2:00pm and 4:00pm.

No comments: