Monday 5 February 2007

JMK, thanks for your interesting 'fable'. In style it reminded me of Godel, Escher, Bach - An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas Hofstadter. Indeed this wonderful book opened up my mind to the concepts of the infinite regress that I discuss in the last chapter of ITLAD (Is There Life After Death) and as a central concept of the whole CTF (Cheat The Ferryman) idea. Indeed I also thought that it reminded me of the film version of Jerzy Kosinski's novel Being There. You will recall that in this, his last film, Peter Sellers plays the role of a gardener called Chance who makes very simple but seemingly meaningful statements about philosophy etc.
I personally really enjoyed reading your story and it most certainly made me think.

On Saturday I gave a lecture at Birkenhead Library. May I thank the forty or so people who turned up and contributed to a very interesting afternoon. I would also like to thank the library staff for their help and assistance (and, in some cases, involvement in the debate). Next week I am at Heswall library and I am hoping for a similar turn-out.

This week I am going to be busy writing the first chapter of my new book, The Daemon Of Creativity. All the research and notes have been completed and now I have to get down and become 'creative' myself. I hope that my Daemon is ready to assist me!

No comments: