Tuesday 3 June 2008

City Talk Radio

Just a quick note to let everybody know that my time on -air has been extended but in doing so the timings have changed slightly. I will now join Dean Sullivan at around 1410 and I will be interviewed for around 50 minutes. This is really great because it gives me the chance to really attempt to get the complexities of ITLAD across to the general public. I am really keen for our little band of international itladian philosophers to use this as an opportunity to show just how widespread we are. I know that questions have already been received by the station from various far-flung places but the more the merrier. You all may have questions of me and this is the opportunity - at least until we arrange our International Conference at some time in the future.

Any questions can be emailed to dean@citytalk.fm . If he gets them in advance he may then be able to schedule them in a logical fashion. Clearly we will not be able to get through themm all but it is my hope that I will get invited back at some time in the future (fingers crossed).

If you are in a position to phone in please ring in on ++ 44 (0) 151 708 1059. 44 is the international code for the UK. The ++ is whatever digits are added for an international line in your country (usually 00). Callers in the UK should add the 0 and dial 0151 708 1059.

I look forward to a very interesting time. Remember - to listen in on the web go to:

http://www.citytalk.fm/ and click on 'listen live'.
I will be following in the footsteps of some very famous people. Paul McCartney was interviewed in the very same studio yesterday!!!

As you will note from the picture I will cerainly need a head for heights - the studios are at the top of this tower!!!

3 comments:

Karl Le Marcs said...

Tony: Thanks for the update.

I think I will have to be taking an uncharacteristic 'back-seat' for this one as I am tutoring tomorrow afternoon and hoped to craftily schedule a break for 2:00-2:30 to listen but I'm not sure I can spread that to an hour!
(although you never know just what I CAN do if I set my mind to it).

I may send in a pre-show emailed question along the likes of the ones I ask you often, to which your eyes usually extend and a brief moment of sheer panic spreads across your face! But I wouldn't do that to you live on air, mate.

In the pub is a different matter!

Can anyone record this or will there be a listen again fascility do you know?

Good Luck and remember........
Don't Look Up!!!
*smile*

SM Kovalinsky said...

Tony: I am so happy to hear of the extended time: It tempts me to extend my question! (which I will email to the host tonight). But this is wonderful; I truly believe there is so much in your eidolon/daemon dyad concept which can enrich and inform American discourse, particularly within the disciplines of academia, as nothing else can. I hope also that you will be able to get the posted remarks to my blog site: It is an honor to have the subject of my most sublime reflections remark himself on them! I told KLLM that there are comments pending this summer from 5 professors of philosophy; plus my NYC publishing of the piece, plus a whirl at the Provincetown intelligensia. You and K are being exported to the Americans by slow and steady and determined steps. I will bring all that I can to its rightful conclusion.

Jesamyn said...

Hellloo. I am staying up past my bedtime to join in!!
Jesamyn.