Wednesday 11 June 2008

Thoughts on Connecting to the Daemon

Has anyone here read the Alice Bailey books? Unfortunately I dont have them here with me, but it occured to me that there might be a correspondence between some of her work and the Daemon/Eidolon.
In brief, she states that a human being is more than just the physical body. In fact there are several bodies, each more subtle than the other; viz. physical/etherical body, emotional body, mental body, Buddhic body, Atmic body, and Monadic body. Now, each of these bodies has seven sub-planes.
Here's the possible connection. She wrote that between the 3rd and 4th sub-plane of the mental body there is abridge called the Antahkarana. This bridge is however, incomplete or absent in us. If the bridge is built it connects the ordinary mind to the Higher self -the Daemon? Could her writings contain clues on how to connect with our Daemon? This bridge is sometimes referred to as the Rainbow Bridge.
Other sources of literature describe man's spritual evolution, through this conection to the higher-self ( Daemon) : There exists in all of us two threads; the Sutratma( from the Monad) and the Antahkarana(This thread in anchored in the centre of the head, and through these two threads the threefold expression -- Monad, soul and physical-plane man or woman -- live their lives.). A third thread is built by the man or woman him/herself through the interaction of soul energy, and eventually, monadic energy, through the physical apparatus: the thread of creativity. These three threads wind together to eventually produce the bridge between the three levels of existence,Monad ( source) , soul , and man.
I was involved with a group of people in California for several years who practiced Energywork for Accelerated Spiritual growth( connection to the Higher-self). The Founder of the group is a remarkable man - in fact he has just come out of a 3 year retreat and I received an e-mail from him this week. His knowledge of such things is profound.

6 comments:

Karl Le Marcs said...

Shiva: Thank you for posting this.

No, I have not read the Alice Bailey books but as with anything new to me if I am asked to comment I always say "ask me again in a couple of days when I am aware of their work"

*smile*

Karl Le Marcs said...

Shiva: I note with interest that Alice Bailey's intuitions match the latest insights from Science remarkably: she located the source of human immortality in the "ether".

"This word 'ether', is a generic term covering the ocean of energies which are all interrelated and which constitute that one synthetic energy body of our planet... the etheric or energy body, therefore, of every human being is an integral part of the etheric body of the planet itself" - Alice Bailey

Now, surely this is what Tony and I are asserting in our combined new theory?

More on this soon...........

Shiva said...

Karl, I thought you might find her writings of interest. She wrote about 24 books and they are available on CD complete with a search engine!
Unfortunately my CD is half way around the world :( and I donated her books before I left.
Madame Blavatsky's "Secret Doctrine" is also a source of very similar thoughts. Have you read her?

Karl Le Marcs said...

Shiva: Yes, I've been reading up on Alice Bailey, seems of interest and similar to many esoteric works that I have read.

And ah! H.P Blavatsky, yes indeed, here is a link to a post I wrote about her in February:

How Soon Is Now

Shiva said...

Wonderful post! thank you. We have the same tastes in Literature Karl ! I feel so at home here.
Do I recall correctly that Madame B. said she did her book research, without leaving her room ,via the Astral light and the Akashic records ?

Karl Le Marcs said...

Shiva: Ah my library is a full one!!

And yes, you do recall very correctly.

The Astral Light and Akashic Records play a significant part in almost all esoteric and occultic learning.