Thursday 1 November 2007

Light relief

According to the quantum physics view, things only exist when they are observed. Does this mean the calories in a chocolate bar aren't there if you aren't reading the nutrition information on the wrapper? :) Is there an Everett universe where chocolate doesn't have any calories? If so, take me there Daemon!!!!!!

Maybe I am there. Maybe in another universe chocolate is toxic. Here's something I wrote a few years back:

Kellen
------
God, are you there?
I am always here Kellen. What do you want?
I don’t like to seem ungrateful… Its about my family.
Go on.
I think I would have been happier if I had been born to more caring parents.
And you would like me to arrange this?
Well, yes.
Again?
Again? Wh…?
Yes Kellen, this is not the first time. On six other occasions you have come here seeking changes in your fortunes. Last time you wanted to be born to greater affluence. Before that you wanted better health. I can do all of these things of course, but I doubt you understand that altering the course of events this way inevitably has consequences for others’ lives.
I-I don’t know what to say. I’m so sorry. I…
Do you still wish me to honour your request?
Yes – yes, there is something I want to ask of you.
Oh Kellen, when will you ever learn?
But what I ask is not what I came for. God, I want you to return me to the life you originally gave me.
Then Kellen, I must turn you away. For that is the life you have now. Yes my dear Kellen – your efforts to mould your life into the perfection you sought finally brought you back to where you started, as I knew they would.
Seventh time lucky I suppose.
No Kellen, FIRST time lucky.

1 comment:

Anthony Peake said...

Your comment really amused me. Thanks for that. I also like the little story. Sums life up doesn't it.